In 2003, I took my first trip to Israel. It was more of a “scouting” trip so that I could take other trips later by myself and have an idea about the customs, currency, geography, etc. The circumstances of joining a church tour based out of Texas (I’m in Tennessee.) was nothing short of the hand of Eloheim. I met them all at the JFK airport before boarding our all night flight to Ben Gurion Airport in Israel.
On the tour, we were taken down the Western Wall tunnel in Jerusalem. The tunnel follows the ancient bedrock wall of the old city of Solomon’s Jerusalem. In this tunnel is an immense stone. Wikipedia says:
“The Western Stone is a monolithic stone ashlar block forming part of the lower level of the Western Wall in Jerusalem. This largest stone in the Western Wall is visible within the Western Wall Tunnel. It is one of the largest building blocks in the world.”Wikipedia on “Western Stone” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Stone
The Business Insider online magazine says this of the stone:
The most amazing site here is the Western Wall stone, the biggest of the “master course” stones holding up the Temple Mount. The stone — the largest in the Middle East – is 42 feet long, 11 feet high, 14 feet deep, and weights 570 tons. It is believed to be the biggest object ever lifted by human beings without machinery.Business Insider
No single crane in existence today is capable of lifting this stone.
In 1 Kings 9:15, we have a stand-alone Alef Tav in front of “wall of Jerusalem”, that relates to Solomon building the wall.
In 2 Chronicles 36:19, we have a stand-alone Alef Tav in front of “wall of Jerusalem” that relates to the destruction of the wall after disobedience.
It seems, by these two verses, that Yeshua is trying to tell us that if we are obedient to His and the Father’s Word (as they were in Solomon’s days) that He will be a wall of protection around us. But if we turn away from His path to be disobedient (as in the corrupt kings’ days), that His wall of protection will be destroyed.
After the Millennial Reign, Yeshua’s people have the New Jerusalem to look forward to. It, too, has a wall. Yeshua tells us about it in Revelation, chapter 21.
15) And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.
16) The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal.
17) Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.
18) The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
19) The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
20) the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. - Rev 21:15-20
Shabbat shalom, all you, His people. 💕
Here is the YouTube version:. https://youtu.be/F3tlmBrVHuU